These moist and fluffy cupcakes filled with organic carrots and nibbles of Cherry Hemp Turmeric Thunderbird Bar are the perfect treat. It will help with that spring recipe sweet tooth craving! Don’t forget to add the lemon cream cheese frosting…..it takes this cupcake to a whole other level.
Carrot cake is a staple dessert during Spring. I can’t go without making some kind of carrot dessert during this time of the year.
This easy to make cupcake has the classic taste of carrot cake with exquisite flavors that have your palate wanting more.
Thunderbird Bar Nibbles:
If you haven’t heard of Thunderbird Bars, you need to go grab yourself one. Like right now! They are one of the cleanest or not the cleanest bars out there in the market. They are a Paleo, Vegan and Grain Free Bar! Loaded with only the best, real Ingredients. They skip all the icky extra stuff. Which in my book is pretty darn cool!
For this recipe, I LOVE to add nibbles of the Cherry Hemp Turmeric Thunderbird Bar. It adds an extra burst of flavor in the cupcakes. With that texture and crunch we all love! Ahhhh. The best!
Lactose- Free Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting:
Traditional carrot cake has a nice layer of vanilla cream cheese frosting, which I absolutely adore. BUT, I love my carrot cupcakes to scream SPRING IS HERE. Especially with everything that is happening in the world right now. I am seeking flavors that feel homey, vibrant and fun! Lemon does this to my palate. It adds a taste of excitement, it gives you a slight burst of energy. It feels like an afternoon spent in the backyard, enjoying time with family and friends.
Let’s Get Baking
Preheat oven to 350F and line a 12-count muffin pans with paper liners.
In a bowl using a stand mixer or electric mixer, whisk together flour, sugars, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Mix in oil. Add eggs, one at a time. Beat until well combined.
Whisk in vanilla extract.
Whisk in vanilla extract.
Add carrots and Thunderbird Bar nibbles and stir until combined.
Evenly divide batter into cupcake liners, filling each 3/4 of the way full. Place in oven and bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes. Tip: To know if the cupcake is fully cooked insert a toothpick in the center and if it comes out clean or with moist crumbs, its ready!
Allow to cool before decorating with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting.
Not gluten free?? This recipe can be made with normal flour as well!!
I use an ice cream scooper to dish in the batter into cupcake liners.
Want to learn how to make the Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting? Click here!
If you have any questions or comments about this recipe, please feel free to leave a comment below or send me a message. I would love to hear from you!
I hope that these carrot cupcakes bring a smile to you. Stay healthy and safe everyone.
Gluten-Free Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Thunderbird Bar Nibbles
- Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour King Arthur
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup grated carrots
- 1 bar Cherry Hemp Turmeric Thunderbird Bar
- 1 batch Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 12 count muffin pans with paper liners.
- In a bowl using a stand mixer or electric mixer, whisk together flour, sugars, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Mix in oil. Add eggs, one at a time. Beat until well combined.
- Whisk in vanilla extract.
- Add carrots and Thunderbird bar nibbles and stir until combined.
- Evenly divide batter into cupcake liners, filling each 3/4 of the way full. Place in the oven and bake on 350F for 20-25 minutes. Tip: To know if the cupcake is fully cooked insert a toothpick in the center and if it comes out clean or with moist crumbs, its ready!
- Allow to cool before decorating with cream cheese frosting.
Made the recipe? Tag us on Instagram @deliciouslymarta #tastiestlife