Gluten-Free Thunderbird (Cherry Hemp Turmeric) Bar & Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies!
I know what you are thinking…seriously a cookie recipe in the middle of New Year’s resolutions?
I promise you these are worth every bite…and they won’t have you feeling guilty after enjoying them.
This recipe includes some of my favorite things, oatmeal, turmeric, and Thunderbird Cherry, Hemp, Turmeric Bars.
Oatmeal hold so many great nutrients. From magnesium, phosphorus, manganese, copper and many more vitamins. They contain powerful soluble fiber called beta-glucan which help reduce blood sugar levels. They help reduce LDL (low-density lipoprotein.) They even help fill you up, so that way you aren’t hungry all the time.
Turmeric is one of my favorite spices. I love to use it in curries when I am cooking, but I also enjoy using it in baking recipes. Turmeric is full of antioxidants. It’s also an anti-inflammatory, which is incredibly important for our bodies. It can help our bodies fight forgien invaders. PRETTY COOL, RIGHT?
Thunderbird Bars: Cherry Hemp Turmeric is one of my favorite bars! The bar is packed with natural turmeric, cinnamon and cherries that keep you healthy and feeling good during the day! There is just something magical about the power of raw energy!! So why not include it in the recipe?
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together gluten free flour, turmeric, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- Cream together butter, brown sugar, and white sugar in an electric mixer. Mix in one egg at a time. Then blend together with vanilla.
- Add flour mixture in slowly. (if you have the mixer on to fast it flour will get everywhere.) Mix in oats, Thunderbird bars (click here to view bars) and chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough out of bowl. Shape into 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Bake in oven for 12-14 minutes. The tops of the cookies will have a light golden brown color.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheets for a few minutes. Then transfer onto a cookie rack. Repeat until all the dough is gone.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Turn This Recipe Vegan!
Great news, this recipe can be completely vegan!
Substitute eggs with:
2 tsp of oat milk
3 tsp of maple syrup.
The rest of the ingredients can remain the same.
Baking time will be 15 minutes.
Are you a dunker?
I don’t know about you guys, but I am a dunker. Especially after the cookies are straight of the oven. There is nothing better then a chewy cookie being dunked into milk. My personal favorite, Oat Milk! Heaven on Earth! Leave a comment below letting me know if you are a dunker or not!!!
If you have any questions or comments about the recipe, please let me know below or send me message through my contact page!
Made the recipe? Tag us on Instagram @deliciouslymarta #tastiestlife