Horchata Popsicles with Thunderbird Bar
Horchata in a glass is refreshing, but frozen horchata on a stick is a GAME CHANGER! This low calorie, vegan friendly, 5 ingredient Horchata Popsicles with Thunderbird Bars is perfect for warm days. Not only is it good for you, it’s tasty!
I am obsessed with horchata. It has been one of my favorite beverages since I could remember. My dad would make it on special occasions while growing up. I remember it being, sweet, creamy and just a little bit grainy. It’s the most refreshing drink on a warm day!
If you’ve never had horchata. It’s a sweet Mexican drink traditionally made with rice milk and tons of cinnamon. To make these popsicles less icy, I swapped the rice milk with unsweetened full fat coconut milk. This helps the texture of the popsicle be creamy and extremely dreamy! Cinnamon aids with your metabolism and helps balance blood sugar. The Thunderbird Bars help mimic the sweet taste of caramel because they are jam packed with dates. The bars are the perfect compliment to cinnamon.
Hemp Sunflower Pumpkin Seed Thunderbird Bars
Hemp Sunflower Pumpkin Seed Thunderbird Bars are the perfect addition to this Horchata Popsicle Recipe. These bars are an explosion in every bite. Filled with super food seeds and nuts that keep you satisfied and energized for the day ahead. Why wouldn’t we use them in this recipe! To snag a box of these bars to eat or use in this recipe, click here!
In a high speed blender add coconut milk, monkfruit, cinnamon, bars, and vanilla extract.
Blend a high speed for about one minute, or until very smooth.
Pour the mixture through a extra fine mesh strainer twice.
Then pour the mixture into pop mold, insert sticks. Sprinkle a few of the cut up bar into each mold for extra texture to the popsicle.
Freeze for at least 4 hours or until throughly frozen.
It’s time for a popsicle break!
Enjoy these refreshing Horchata Popsicles with Thunderbird Bars on a warm day. We love having one or two of these after a long day of yard work. They are just extra refreshing on days like those. Share them at your next BBQ, everyone is sure to love these popsicles.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave a comment below or send us a message on our contact page. I would love to know how you liked the recipe!
Horchata Popsicles with Thunderbird Bars
- 4 cups unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup monkfruit sweetener
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 bars Hemp Sunflower Pumpkin Seed Thunderbird Bars Link below to purchase
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 bar Hemp Sunflower Pumpkin Seed Thunderbird Bars Chopped into small pieces
- In a high speed blender add coconut milk, monkfruit, cinnamon, bars, and vanilla extract.
- Blend a high speed for about one minute, or until very smooth
- Pour the mixture through a extra fine mesh strainer twice.
- Then pour the mixture into pop mold, insert sticks. Sprinkle a few of the cut up bar into each mold for extra texture to the popsicle.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours or until throughly frozen.
Made the recipe? Tag us on Instagram @deliciouslymarta #tastiestlife