Cheesecake Danish is a pasty puff dessert that can be eaten for breakfast or as an evening treat. It’s filled with a sweet cheesecake filling that has hints of lemon flavor! This is such an easy recipe, it will be done under 30 minutes!
I must admit the first time I introduced my lemon cheesecake danish to my family. I was instantly in trouble. No one was talking. Which in my family normally means it’s an instant favorite. Everyone reached for not just seconds…..but thirds. When everyone finally took a breath to talk they asked when I was going to make these sweet treats again. I must warn you, your friends and family may do the same thing to you!
Frozen Pastry Puff
Every once in a while I like to take a few quick turns. I enjoy making a pastry puff dough. But sometimes life happens and we don’t have the time to make pastry puff dough. When this happens, we love to buy pre-made frozen puff pastry sheets from the grocery store. The best part is that you are always ready to make a dessert with frozen pastry puff sheets in the freezer.
A few tips when to getting your store bought puff pastry sheets just right. Take the frozen puff pastry sheets out of the freezer the night before. Place them in the fridge. This will allow plenty of time for the puff pastry sheets to thaw. When you are ready to use the sheets, apply a nice layer of powdered sugar on a flat surface, then place sheets over the powdered sugar!
Lactose Free Cream Cheese
A few months ago I was shopping at my local grocery store when I came across a brand I had never seen before. It read Green Valley Lactose Free Cream Cheese. I thought to myself, “how interesting is this.” So I decided to give it a try. I instantly fell in love with the smooth, creamy texture. It tasted like traditional cream cheese just with out the lactose! It is hands down one of my favorite cream cheeses to use for this Lemon Cheesecake Danish!
Preheat oven to 400F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Beat the whole egg with about 1 tbsp of water in a small bowl. Then Set aside. With the second egg, separate egg white from egg yolk.
In a medium bowl mix together egg yolk, cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
Lay out the sheets of the puff pastry and cut each into 4 squares.
Fold the corners of the squares over by about 1 inch to make an octagon shape.
Brush the pastry puff with the egg wash.
Spoon the cream cheese mixture into the center of each puff pastry. (About 2 tablespoons). Sprinkle coarse sugar over pastry.
Bake in the oven for about 18-20 minutes and golden brown all over.
One for you and two for me!
We enjoy eating these Lemon Cheesecake Danishes on a Saturday morning. Watching the sunrise come over the hills. While enjoy a nice big cup of warm tea and coffee for my love. What way do you enjoy eating your pastries? Let us know in the comments below! We would love to hear.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave a comment below or send us a message on our contact page. I would love to know how you liked the recipe!
Lemon Cheesecake Danish
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Egg yolk
- 8 oz Cream cheese Green Valley Lactose Cream Cheese
- 4 Tbsp Organic cane sugar
- 1/2 Lemon, lemon juice
- 1/2 lemon zest
- 1 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 17.3 Oz Box frozen puff pastry sheets Thawed over night in fridge
- 1/4 cup Powder sugar
- 1/4 cup Coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat the whole egg with about 1 tbsp of water in a small bowl. Then Set aside. With the second egg, separate egg white from egg yolk.
- In a medium bowl mix together egg yolk, cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Lay out the sheets of the puff pastry and cut each into 4 squares.
- Fold the corners of the squares over by about 1 inch to make an octagon shape.
- Brush the pastry puff with the egg wash.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture into the center of each puff pastry. (About 2 tablespoons). Sprinkle coarse sugar over pastry.
- Bake in the oven for about 18-20 minutes and golden brown all over.
Made the recipe? Tag us on Instagram @deliciouslymarta #tastiestlife