One Pot Meal: Easy Chicken Penne Alfredo
Every once in a while we need a little comfort food in our lives. Chicken Penne Alfredo is one of those comfort foods in our home.
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that it doesn’t require too much work. It can be done in one single pot. Whether that be a Dutch Oven or Instant Pot! It makes life so much easier.
Instructions : Instant Pot & Dutch Oven
- Using an Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker, select Sauté setting. Melt butter in pot. Add garlic and sauté for about 1 minute or so. Then, add chicken, Italian seasoning, pepper, salt and nutmeg (mix together.) Sauté in pot for about 5-6 minutes, moving the chicken occasionally.
- Evenly add penne on top of the chicken. Pour the chicken broth and water over the pasta and chicken. It should just barely cover them. Push down pasta to submerge.
- Secure the lid and set the Instant Pot Pressure or Pressure Cooker Release valve to Sealing. Press the Cancel button, followed by the Pressure Cook or Manual setting. Set cooking time for 5 minutes at high pressure. (pot will preheat for about 10 to 15 minutes)
- Once the pressure cooker has finished cooking, allow the pressure cooker to release presure naturally for 4-6 minutes. Then move the Pressure Release to Venting (Remember to always take caution when releasing the steam. Use a towel to protect your hand.) Then open the pot.
- Set pot to Sauté mode for 5 minutes. Stir in cream cheese, parmesan and heavy whipping cream. Once everything is well mixed, let stand for about 3 minutes. This will allow the cheese to melt and the sauce to thicken. Stir once more, add a little pepper and salt to please your pallet.
- Spoon pasta into bowls and sprinkle parmesan and parsley on top.
This recipe can also be done in Dutch Oven or Pot.
- Heat butter in Dutch Oven, add garlic, chicken, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and nutmeg. Cook over medium heat until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add uncooked paste, broth and water, pushing down with a spoon so the pasta is mostly submerged. The place the lid on pot, bring to a boil over medium high heat. Stir frequently so that pasta doesn’t stick to pot.
- Once pasta starts to soften, remove lid. Stir in cream cheese, heavy cream and parmesan cheese.
- Reduce heat, stir frequently, until pasta is cooked to your liking. Remove Dutch Oven from stove.
- Taste and season to your liking (add more salt and pepper if needed.) Top with parsley and parmesan cheese!
Recipe notes: Add as much garlic and seasonings as you like. This is your dish. Make it the way that you want. I LOVE garlic, so I tend to put about 5-6 cloves in this recipe. I also enjoy the taste of Italian seasoning, so I always add a little bit more towards the end! Allow your food pallet to explore what it likes and what it doesn’t!
La cena è servita!
Another great thing that goes well with this dish is garlic bread. Get a nice loaf of French bread spread butter and minced garlic on it. Bake it in the oven for a few minutes!
Then pout a glass of your favorite beverage in a glass and it is time to enjoy this pasta!
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave a comment below or send me a message on my contact page!
Made the recipe? Tag us on Instagram @deliciouslymarta #tastiestlife